Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blue bird (by sane)

You looked over at that branch and saw a blue bird. It’s smooth down is still wet and ruffled. Not special, really… It just rained didn’t it? Look closer… You can still see every glistening droplet of water clinging on to the frayed feathers. A drop of liquid rolled down. You laughed at yourself; had you been a second later, you would’ve thought it was crying. You move closer to the poor bird and it still didn’t blink. Those beady black eyes reflect the rainbow in the sky. What an unusual find, you thought as you step away.

The small bird shook its head, droplets flying off. But all the while, keeping a watch over the rainbow. Had it have lips, it would have shown a bitter smile. Like a broken young man with a slim ray of hope in his downcast eyes. The little bird wished he could have sighed. What was up there, above the rainbow? If only I knew…It was too high up, no matter how I flew. I can’t follow my beloved to the place. That place. The one I’ve heard but never seen.


The bird cocked its head to the side. It had just heard a sound. There, whispered the blue bird’s heart, in the bushes. The bird ignored the presence and stared at the vast blue that was the sky. My friends… They have all left without me. Now, all I can do is dream to see them. Maybe someday, I will… Somehow…


You watch as the boy strung his string shot with a pebble. You realize in horror what he was about to do. The bird seemed to be so ignorant of the danger. But it knows, trust me it knows. Some days, I just wish and wish I can see them again. They’ll be there, in the land over the colorful stripes. Yes… I just know it. Where dark clouds can’t touch them, and dangers lie far away. They’re waiting for me.


The boy hesitated for a moment, as the bird looked straight at him with pleading eyes. Do it… Now… He couldn’t understand why the bird didn’t fly away. But soon, he resumed position… The rubber tightened as it was stretched.


If… all my friends… You got up as he took aim.

Made it across that colorful line… You open your mouth, ready to yell.
This way… Then… The boy stuck out his tongue, concentrating.
I’ll go their way to see them… Once more… The bird closed its eyes, ready to welcome the killing shot. Your hand was an inch away from stopping that boy. He released his grasp on the rubber… And you were just a second too late as you watched the bird fall to the ground…

… Like me…


I hope… Whenever you see a blue bird soaring the skies, don’t worry about me. I’ll be there, with my friends… Waiting for you when time and fate calls for… Ready to welcome you home…

End


Hey you know...
I thought my blog was turning too cheery, so i kinda you know, reduced the cheery-ness. ^^
Hope you enjoyed the story. Written by a really talented person... really talented...

0 comments: